Openings for Multiple Positions
City of Durham
Home to great weather year-round, friendly people, beautiful natural sites, a prominent art
culture, rich history and award-winning restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries and breweries – it’s
no wonder that Durham is one of the top places in the U.S. to live, work, and play. The 4th
largest municipality in North Carolina, Durham’s population has grown by 20 new residents and
5 new households EVERY DAY for the past 10 years. With all this growth, supporting a well-run
organization is more important than ever. But to do this, we need the very best people.
When you join the Office of Parking Management, you are joining an award-winning team of
innovative, highly-qualified, service-oriented individuals that have been recognized as industry
innovators. The Division is designated as an Accredited Parking Organization with Distinction
by the International Parking Institute IPI), the world’s largest and leading association of parking
professionals. IPI works to advance the parking profession through professional development,
research and data collection, advocacy and outreach, and with experts from around the world in
dozens of specialties to make sure parking and transportation function efficiently.
Use your unique skills to make a difference, to give back to the Durham community. The
Transportation Department’s work culture is one that offers the opportunity for professional
growth, to work with other innovative, talented people, and to do meaningful and important work.
Be part of something great. Join us as we build the future of Durham together.
Job Opportunities include:
• Parking Operations Manager – 1 fulltime position
• Parking Operations Supervisor 1 fulltime position
• Parking Accounting Technician – 1 fulltime position
• Parking Infrastructure Supervisor – 1 fulltime position
• Administrative Assistant – 1 fulltime position
• Parking Customer Service Representative – 2 fulltime positions
• Parking Command Center Technician – 2 fulltime positions
• Parking Equipment Coordinator – 2 fulltime positions
• Senior Parking Ambassador – Revenue Collection Agents – 2 fulltime positions
• Senior Parking Ambassador – Off-Street Facilities – 4 fulltime positions
• Parking Enforcement Ambassador – 4 Full-time, 1 part-time
• Parking Ambassador – PT Special Events – 12 part-time positions
• Parking Custodian II – 3 fulltime positions
Varies, see website.